10.10.2010

This Journey's End

Our revels now are ended.

As you read this, we are probably out for dinner in Byron Bay, celebrating the finish of the final concert and the successful tour. Or, we may be back at our accommodation, organizing our bags for an international flight on Monday morning. Or, we may already be enroute to LA where we'll visit friends for a couple days before finally landing in Philadelphia on Thursday evening.

Six weeks.

It's a long time on the road, living out of a suitcase, sleeping in a different bed every couple of nights, eating out for nearly every meal. It's a long time for me anyway. There were times when I itched for a routine and for my own home, but it has been both an exciting and a restful time.

I said I wanted to see more of Australia and her contrasts, and to a great degree, I believe I have, from dry and seemingly-deserted country towns to bright and busy capital cities. I have a greater vision of the land that my husband will to some extent, regardless of how long he lives in the United States, call home.

Thanks for coming along with us. I've enjoyed sharing this journey with you.

Though I started this blog just before our trip began, I didn't start it just for the trip alone. As I mentioned in my first post, it's a place to practice the craft of writing, to explore ideas and to appreciate the many pleasures that life holds. It's still a pretty new thing for me, so it's hard to say exactly what you can expect, but I imagine I'll be talking mostly about food and food-related stories.

And I hope you'll stick around.


3 comments:

  1. Dear J&H,

    As it is 4pm this beautiful Fall Sunday, and I am here, working out what to do with 9th grade tomorrow, you are, no doubt, there, in your last sleep in Oz. Your writing and photos have made your trip a delight for me to follow. Thank you for the effort you put into your blog; it is exceptional. And it made it easier, the missing you part, to hear and see what you were up to.

    You have experienced so much already in your life. I would predict you'll have plenty more to write about when you're SAFELY HOME!!!

    HOORAY FOR THURSDAY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. home again home again jigitty jig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for Thursday indeed. It feels good to be home.

    ReplyDelete